A place for random musings. Tune in at the risk of your own boredom. I in no way guarantee that any of this will be even remotely entertaining, interesting, or thought-provoking. Any similarities to persons living or dead, events, and situations alluded to in these pages are most definately intentional.

Monday, December 22, 2003

This time of year seems to always sneak up on me, no matter how much I try to brace myself. All of a sudden it hits me, and in that moment I am simultaneously jubilant, anxious, stressed out, and slightly saddened. The whirlwind of holiday emotions kind of hit home today as I made a few realizations.

First and foremost, I wish you all a happy holiday season. No matter what you are celebrating, may you enjoy the company of your friends and family. Only the best wishes to you all.

As always, Christmas is a time for celebration for me. My family still clings to the roots of the holiday and tries to always keep its meaning at the forefront. We have always tried to stick to traditions, though they become increasingly difficult to keep alive. Hopefully we can keep this up and forge new ones as our family expands and changes.

My holiday shopping is nearly complete. I have a few loose ends to tie up, which will probably be finished by the end of the day. Oh thank heaven!

I am always in awe of how old friendships are rekindled at this time of year. With all the hustle and bustle, I am honoured by those of you who go out of your way to get in touch. It's been really nice to hear from Becca, Amber, and Megan over the last few weeks.

Unfortunately, things must always change. Some of the "regulars" have been displaced as of late, and as such are celebrating their holiday season in far off places. Kathryn has returned home to the Land of Oz, Bryan has moved on to a new adventure in exciting Kitchener, and Heidi is probably eating chocolate of untold splendor with ze Germans. Bryan returns (albeit for a short time) in a few days, but I still miss you all dreadfully. May all our paths cross again sooner rather than later, preferably at a cabin setting roughly 20 minutes north of Grand Beach. Merry Christmas to you guys! Those in Winnipeg over the holidays will be raising their glasses of eggnog for you.

So with the night closing in around me and my eyes heavy, I leave you all with the fondest holiday wishes. Merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, and have a great Snowflake Day!

- Colin (invincibleironman@hotmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home