A place for random musings. Tune in at the risk of your own boredom. I in no way guarantee that any of this will be even remotely entertaining, interesting, or thought-provoking. Any similarities to persons living or dead, events, and situations alluded to in these pages are most definately intentional.

Saturday, December 27, 2003

Good evening!

Well, the holiday season is officially over. Well, at least it is from the retail standpoint. Our store did insanely well this afternoon, thanks to all those crazy boxing day shoppers.

Seriously though, who actually goes out shopping on boxing day? In my not-so-humble opinion, you have to have a screw loose to enter a mall as a paying customer on December 26th. The queues that you stand in to save $5 on already clearance merchandise are mammoth and your fellow shoppers are about as friendly as a gaggle of harpies.

I'm having trouble grasping how masochistic my fellow Canadians can be. You certainly have to be to have a wonderful, relaxing two days with your friends and family and then subject yourself to the unspeakable horrors of shopping centres.

I, for one hate it. I work in a mall store... a very popular mall store. This is the last year for me, no matter what. Even if I fail to break into IT for this entire year, I am quitting retail for good and taking something up just so I can avoid dealing with that bunch of snarling baboons again.

For any boxing day bargain-hunters out there, I have one request. If you're stuck in line during your day, please think before you complain. It's your own damn fault. You're the one crazy enough to be shopping instead of spending time with your family. By entering a mall on the 26th of December, you automatically forfeit your right to whine about your 20 minute wait in line. You also grant me the right to laugh at you. Leave your I'm-too-busy-to-be-here-but-I'm-doing-you-a-favour-by-shopping-here attitude at home, please. On second thought, leave your whole self at home.

Other than that, this holiday has been wonderful. I hope you all enjoyed the break with your loved ones as much as I did! I'll be back within a day or two with my music countdown.

- Colin (invincibleironman@hotmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home