A place for random musings. Tune in at the risk of your own boredom. I in no way guarantee that any of this will be even remotely entertaining, interesting, or thought-provoking. Any similarities to persons living or dead, events, and situations alluded to in these pages are most definately intentional.

Friday, February 06, 2004

One thing I love about this household is how utterly acceptable late-night snacking is. At the moment, I'm very much enjoying a dish known in my immediate family as "wires". Mainly, it consists of leftover spaghetti noodles, pan-fried until crisp and crunchy. You might think it bland - and to some degree it is. However, the greasy, crunchy, blandness of it all is nearly as addictive as heroin. Go figure. The other day I endeavored to top my wires with a combination of spaghetti sauce and sausage. This resulted in a freaking Woodstock in my mouth to which I wanted to invite everyone, but the sheer spontaneity of it all made that impossible.

Having rested over the last few days, I have settled myself down a little since the last time you heard from me. I did in fact mean every word I said on Sunday, but I suppose it's alright to play the waiting game for now. I suppose I've been seeing so many people changing their lives around me that it makes me want to leap right out and grab the bull by the horns... only there are no bulls in my pasture at the moment. I realize that it's only a matter of time and I happen to have plenty of that.

I'm thankful for the amount of stability that I have in my life. It's stability that makes this all truly bearable. I liken it to having solid concrete under my feet - no surprises, no tricks. If that sounds comforting, believe me it is. It gives me a stable platform on which to build the house of cards that is life. I take solace in that and it gives me strength.

So what I'm saying is that things are cool - at least for now. I'll just keep plugging away, doing what I do best. At least, until Sunday rolls around. The Lord only knows what Sunday is going to bring for me. Oh, those Sunday Bloody Sundays...

- Colin (invincibleironman@hotmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home