A place for random musings. Tune in at the risk of your own boredom. I in no way guarantee that any of this will be even remotely entertaining, interesting, or thought-provoking. Any similarities to persons living or dead, events, and situations alluded to in these pages are most definately intentional.

Friday, June 25, 2004

The eventual, blissful rewards of patience

Finally.

After a challenging, frustrating 10 months on the job market I am officially withdrawn from it. Yes, I have found a place for my skills to call home for what will probably end up being a very long time. After receiving an official offer today, I immediately gave my notice of resignation and set a start date in my new surroundings for July 5th.

As you can imagine, I'm thrilled about the opportunity to move upward and onward to a position that utilizes the education that I've been through. Not only that, but saving wildlife is decidedly less evil than rotting the minds of children with Grand Theft Auto. In fact, I'm really excited about being part of something that is just so inherently good.

From those that I've met so far, the people seem great - as you would expect from a group of conservationists. The location, though located a fair drive away in Oak Hammock Marsh, is gorgeous and the working conditions are excellent. The facility itself is top-notch, with various niceties to keep its many employees comfortable and happy. I know I'm happy, and I've only spent a total of three hours in it!

To those that I must part with at this particular fork: I have enjoyed and learned from every experience that we have shared. I will always have fantastic memories of our glorious times and I will even look back with a strange fondness on our not so glorious times. The experience that I've had with each one of you has helped me through education, graduation, and a long career search - for this I am forever grateful. These last four years will always be a part of who I have become. Life's paths have a way of being winding and long, so I'm sure we'll cross paths before you know it.

So there you have it: big changes are happening as we speak. I hope to have more things ironed out before the end of the summer. For now though, I'm going to take some time to settle into this new role and establish myself well enough to get the security that I want. After that, who knows?

qotp: "Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him."
- Aldous Huxley, from Texts and Pretexts

- Colin (invincibleironman@hotmail.com)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Congrats buddy! Glad to hear your persistence paid off. Good luck in the new digs!

June 25, 2004 at 8:54 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home